Mykonos Villa 1404
Lying behind high walls and a secure gate, the villa is right on the beginning of Kalafati beach in the north of Mykonos. This is one of the quieter beaches â€“ it has parasols and deckchairs, a couple of good tavernas, a windsurf centre jetskis and kayaks. Kalafati is a 15-20 minute drive from Mykonos Town, and well situated for the other beaches of Mykonos as well.
Built by the famous architects Zeppos and Georgiades, this house has been featured in French style and decoration magazines as an outstanding example of a modern interpretation of Cycladic architecture. Pool, outdoor and indoor spaces are all smoothly integrated, and sliding doors and pergolas enhance the feel of spaces flowing into each other. Materials have been carefully chosen to combine tradition with modernity, and the ownerâ€™s collection of modern art complements the clean, pure lines of the house. All bedrooms have ceiling fans except a double room on the lower-level. All rooms have fitted screen windows. This is one of the glamorous houses on Mykonos and is only occasionally available for rental.
- Ground Floor
- Entrance hall
- L-shaped open plan reception/living/dining area opening onto the pool terrace and pool. Ideal for entertaining.
- Two big bedrooms, one with double bed and one with twins, with their own big shower rooms and private small terraces.
- Guestsâ€™ shower-room/w.c
- Housekeeperâ€™s room.
Swimming pool level
- Three big bedrooms/
- Two with double beds and their shower rooms, one with twin beds and shower room Large living area.
- These open out onto a large terrace
- Upper floor, master bedroom with twin beds 1,10cm large each
- shower room
- Cleaner and cook
The garden slopes down to the sea-road and is planted with shrubs and cacti and flowering climbers.