North Queensland Villa 524
This villa is located in: Port Douglas, North Queensland, AustraliaClick to see bigger map
- Ocean View
- Air Conditioning
A 5 night minimum rental applies. See short stay exceptions below the description.
As one of Australia's finest residential addresses, this luxury retreat defines the Port Douglas holiday dream. One of only seven north facing homes on Wharf Street, here is a rare offering for those who value privacy on their holiday.
With majestic palm fringed views across the Coral Sea, Villa 524 will appeal to those with the highest expectations and who also appreciate the very best that life can offer. Be surrounded by lush tropical gardens, a divine wet-edge pool and an architectural theme where nothing has been overlooked.
Two levels of separate, spacious living, dining and entertainment areas ensures the comfort and privacy of all guests. With direct access to the ocean and four acres of parkland, and just a leisurely few minutes walk to vibrant Macrossan St, this holiday home enjoys an awesome position within a world class destination.
- Main Residence: Upstairs has a fully equipped kitchen, living area and outdoor deck with swimming pool. It has a master bedroom with ensuite and a separate guest toilet. On this level there is also a study with 2 single beds (Guests sleeping in the study will need to access the shower in either the master bedroom or one of the bedrooms downstairs)
- Downstairs has a living area and kitchenette as well as a laundry and has 2 bedrooms with ensuites.
- Bungalow: The bungalow is fully air conditioned and has one bedroom with ensuite and a full kitchen and living area.
- Master bedroom: main residence, king-size bed, en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 2: main residence, a study with 2 single beds (shared with master bedroom)
- Bedroom 3: down stair, king-size bed, en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 4: down stair, king-size bed, en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 5: bungalow, king-size bed, en-suite bathroom
Facilities and features
- Bungalow: Fully self-contained - 1 Bedroom (King) + ensuite
- Prestige location with stunning Coral Sea & coast views
- Private saltwater swimming pool
- Poolside entertaining area / gazebo
- Short stroll to restaurants, beach & marina
- Fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel quality appliances
- Air-conditioning & ceiling fans throughout the bedrooms & living areas
- Separate lounge room on ground floor
- Separate laundry
- Double garage
- Exquisite tropical garden surrounds
- Outdoor bbq area with shower
- Direct beach / park access
- A minimum 5 night stay applies year round.
- There is a 7 night minimum stay requirement in peak school holiday periods.
- Rates are subject to change depending on time of year.
- Guests will receive a welcome pack on arrival which will include a bottle of wine & flowers as well as basic household items.
- There will be a complimentary mid stay service provided for bookings of 8 nights or more.
- Daily services can be arranged at an additional cost.
- NO FUNCTIONS OR PARTIES ALLOWED AT ANY OF OUR PROPERTIES WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL FROM ULYSSES GETAWAYS.
Things To Do
- As part of the World Heritage-listed Daintree Rainforest, Mossman Gorge is home to the oldest continually surviving rainforest anywhere on earth. Located approximately 20 min north from Port Douglas
- The most spectacular and oldest part of the Daintree rain forest is north of the Daintree River. After crossing the river on an old fashioned cable ferry there is a range of boardwalks and untouched beaches to explore, and the endangered cassowary can be encountered anywhere
- The Bally Hooley Train is a steam engine that runs on most Sundays in Port Douglas between Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina and St Crispin’s Station
- It was originally an Aboriginal trail between the coastal and mountain regions and in the early days of settlement, was a crucial link between Port Douglas and the hinterland for settlers and miners. It is 6km long and can be very steep in places so it isn't suited for the faint hearted but those who tackle the track, will be rewarded with stunning views over Low Isles, the Mowbray river inlet and the Mowbray Falls.
- A wonderful Heritage Walking Trail, for those who are interested, can go back in time to see some of the historic landmarks around the township
- The Port Douglas Markets are held every Sunday at Anzac Park (which is at the end of Macrossan Street/Wharf Street) from 8:30am till 3pm. The stalls are a mix of local arts, crafts, unique souvenirs and fresh produce of all kinds
- The iconic Lady Douglas River Cruise runs a 2:30pm and 4:30pm crocodile cruise every day from the Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina and is a great way to explore the Port Douglas Dixon inlet. Enjoy some breathtakings views of the coral sea, mountains and the iconic Sugar Wharf and St. Mary's Church.
- The Advanced Eco-accredited Wildlife Habitat, at the entrance of Port Douglas, is a wildlife immersion exhibit - an open and interactive environment for guests and animals to mingle in a spacious natural setting.
- 25 minutes south of Port Douglas, Hartley's Crocodile Adventures is simply the best place to see crocodiles and local wildlife in Tropical North Queensland
- Explore the scenery of Port Douglas with a leisurely bike ride through town and along the shoreline of Four Mile Beach or hit up the local mountain trails for an off-road adventure
- Cruise on Pontoon Boats available for hire at the Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina in Port Douglas, for an idyllic fishing trip along 15km of inlet and mangrove forest.
- Soak up some sun on beautiful Four Mile Beach with classic, fun activities ideal for families. From surfboards, stand-up paddle boards and kayaks to tubes and cricket gear,
- Port Douglas is a gateway to the ocean, with an abundance of water activities to take advantage of. Along with board, kite and wetsuit hire, there are Beginner and Advanced Kite Surfing lessons run by WindSwell Kitesurfing and Standup Paddle Australia that take place off Four Mile Beac
- The views over Port Douglas, the Coral Sea and surrounding lush mountains and rainforest are magnificent from above and can be enjoyed through solo or tandem parasailing
- Jet Ski hire is an entertaining way of cruising along the Marina, Sugar Wharf and fringing coral reefs. There are jet ski snorkelling reef trips and tours to Low Isles and Snapper Islands as well as solo or tandem jet ski hire at Port Douglas Jet Ski Hire and Uplift Watersports.
- A new addition to the Port Douglas scene, eco guided Segway Tours are an incredible way to enjoy the local area and its abundance of stunning views. Glide to the Southern end of Four Mile Beach beside the waves of the coastline, looking out over World Heritage mountain ranges
Short stay exceptions: Rentals relating to Corporate events/wedding/films please contact the relevant Villa Getaways agent to ask the suitability of this property.