Seminyak Villa 3435
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
Hidden down a small laneway in the heart of bustling Seminyak lies one of Bali’s best kept secrets. This charming six-bedroom villa, with an additional bedroom that sleeps four children, has a large mature garden and beckons guests with open arms.
Designed by Bali’s leading stylists, Charles and Luli Orchard, this family holiday home is an eclectic mix of Asian and Western flavours, resulting in a sublime tropical oasis in the midst of the urban jungle. Breathtakingly quiet, yet only a short stroll from some of the islands finest restaurants, spas, boutiques and bars, The House is the perfect choice for those seeking a secluded hideaway but one that’s within easy reach of Bali’s best shopping and nightlife.
About The Villa
- Located in downtown Seminyak, the villa is an elegant six-bedroom character home set amongst stunning tropical gardens. Unique in appearance and style, this delightful residence can best be described as “British India meets Out of Africa”, lovingly created by the villa’s owners, Luli and Charles Orchard, renowned in Bali for high-end furniture design.
- Having been the family home for the past 12 years, the villa overflows with exotic furnishings and artefacts. Hundreds of paintings, sketches, photographs and prints by famous artists adorn the walls, while antique rugs, ceramic vases and vintage fabrics inject a unique sense of style.
- Sympathetic to its surrounds, traditional Balinese materials have been used in harmony with the environment and tropical climate. High vaulted ceilings topped with ironwood shingle and alang-alang thatched roofs, and hard wood floors keep the villa cool, while French-style windows beautifully capture the natural light.
- The expansive garden with its mature trees, large lawn, 13-metre swimming pool (with optional pool fence) and poolside balé adds to the villa’s beauty to create a sense of space in an urban neighbourhood bustling with activity. Just 100 metres from the villa’s door guests find themselves on Jalan Seminyak, home to some of the island’s best restaurants, spas, boutiques, bars and galleries.
- However for those who’d rather stay in and enjoy the quiet, the villa offers a multitude of living spaces and the villa is particularly child friendly too, with an additional bedroom that sleeps four children and an abundance of facilities to keep even the most energetic youngsters entertained.
- At the end of a small laneway a traditional Balinese door opens to reveal a magical urban oasis. A stone path meanders through tropical gardens consisting of lush lawns, tall trees, flowering plants and a 13-metre swimming pool, to the main two-storey house with its ironwood shingle and alang-alang thatched roof.
- The front doors open to an inviting entrance hall which sets the scene for the whole villa. Beautiful artwork adorns the walls and polished wooden floors gleam in the sunlight that beams through the open French-style shuttered windows.
- A staircase off the entrance hall leads up to the master bedroom and children’s bedroom, where another set of steps climbs to a rooftop library with delightful views across the garden and surrounding neighbourhood.
- Downstairs rests the media room, two guest bedrooms, kitchen, breakfast nook, open-plan living and dining room, and large sitting room called the Big room.
- A cute one-bedroom garden bungalow lies across the lawn directly opposite the main house.
- Guests at the villa are spoilt for choice when it comes to indoor living spaces. The villa has been decorated by the owners, with each piece of furniture designed to create a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere with old world charm. The artwork and antiques have been collected from worldwide travels including Morocco, Turkey, Africa, South-east Asia and India. Most of the paintings are by famous Balinese artists with the odd Picasso or John Lennon print and Burmese masterpiece scattered in between.
- Guests are greeted in the open-plan living and dining room, where they can recline on soft, comfortable sofas with a welcome drink while admiring the detail that has gone into making this home so special. The dining area, with its circular table for six, curves out towards the garden with bi-fold doors and windows opening onto the tropical surrounds. A writing desk with desktop computer and printer/scanner sits under a bay window.
- A step down from the living and dining room is the fan-cooled Big Room, with vaulted ceilings under a thatched roof. Rich oriental carpets add colour to the dark hardwood floors and pastel walls, while vases of silk English roses add to the country cottage feel. Floor-to-ceiling bookcases line one wall, while paintings, drawings, photographs, prints and artefacts line the other. Plump sofas with soft cushions surround a huge coffee table laden with books (some published by the owner), and an antique cabinet hides a satellite TV with DVD player and Bose iPod dock for entertainment. A round dining table for four is just the spot for high tea. French doors open out onto the gardens and a patio furnished with an eight-seater dining shaded by umbrellas.
- Adjoining the living and dining room is the villa’s fully equipped galley-style kitchen fitted out with black granite worktops, teak cupboards, an impressive china cabinet, a great selection of cookbooks and all the latest appliances. Guests can sip their tea in the breakfast nook decked out with pink and white check cushions.
- The air-conditioned media room can be accessed from the entrance hall, kitchen and garden. A pastel blue chaise sofa compliments the hand-painted white cement tiles, turquoise cupboards with stained-glass windows and pink-striped curtains. Here guests can enjoy a movie on the large flat-screen satellite TV with DVD player. Equipped with Karaoke machine and numerous toys – even a dining table with vinyl tablecloth for messy eaters – this room doubles admirably as a children’s playroom.
- On the top floor of the main house is the air-conditioned library. Furnished with two leather armchairs, a wooden desk and a large daybed, this room offers the best views in the house. A small balcony furnished with a wicker chair is strategically placed to catch the sun’s rays.
- One of the highlights of the villa is its stunning garden with swaying coconut palms, towering trees and exotic blooms. A rare luxury for a Seminyak villa, this beautiful home boasts large lawns big enough for a game of soccer, badminton or croquet.
- While the children are kept well entertained playing in the tree house, on the swings and in the 13-metre swimming pool which has a special shallow section, adults can lie back on the sun loungers and daybed or take refuge in the poolside balé.
- Near the pool is a shaded outdoor dining area (seats ten) which makes an idyllic setting for a barbecue on a balmy night. By the main entrance lies a lily pond with an elephant water feature that creates a soothing background ambiance.
- Children’s Room, The children’s bedroom is divided by a wooden doorway into two separate air-conditioned spaces. The first area is fitted out with a white bunk bed, bright pink furnishings, shelves, cupboards and play space, while an annex features two single beds with white and turquoise furnishings (suitable for children and teenagers only).
- Garden Bungalow, Across the garden from the two guest rooms stands the air-conditioned garden bungalow – discreetly located for those craving extra privacy. Featuring a high vaulted ceiling and alang-alang thatched roof, terracotta-tiled patio with reading chairs, a king-size four-poster bed with mosquito netting, sofa adorned with green and white striped cushions and an antique writing desk, this little house oozes character. Traditional Balinese doors lead to an ensuite with a terrazzo tub and handheld shower and twin basins set in a teak vanity. The bathroom also opens onto the garden – the perfect place for taking a relaxing bath.
- Guest Rooms, Accessed via the media room or garden veranda, the connecting downstairs guest rooms ideally set up for a family with young children, which are cooled by both air conditioning and ceiling fans, feature green and white hand-painted cement tiles from one of Bali’s most famous artistic villages, Sidemen.
- The larger room is furnished with a four-poster king-size bed draped in mosquito netting, a floral patterned sofa, watercolours and a scattering of antiques. Curtained doors lead to the twin guest room which has its own garden access through bi-fold doors.
- Both rooms share a rustic ensuite bathroom featuring a terrazzo bathtub and handheld shower, small settee, twin basins set in a beige marble vanity and a large whitewashed teak cupboard for storing clothes. As well as opening onto the garden, the bathroom has a clear glass ceiling above the tub to give the effect of bathing under the stars.
- Master Bedroom, The spacious air-conditioned master bedroom with its white wooden ceiling, hardwood floors, ensuite bathroom, king-size bed and library sitting area is the perfect place for those who wish to unwind and relax while taking in the garden views. The room is also equipped with a ceiling fan and small satellite TV and DVD player. The air-conditioned ensuite bathroom consists of two areas: a dressing room with wooden floors and antique carpets underfoot, plentiful cupboard space and two white basins set in a grey marble vanity; and a light and airy Palimanan bathing area with rain shower and tub looking out across the vivid green foliage. This room is ideal for parents who like to have their children close at hand as the children’s room is accessed directly off the master suite’s dressing area.
Services & Features
- Villa manager
- Gardener/pool attendant
- Night-time security guard
- Masseuse, babysitter on request
- Pool 13m (pool fence available)
- 4 king-bedded rooms; 2 twin bedrooms (1 convertible to double).
- Wifi and ADSL internet access
- Landline for local calls and IDD
- Mobile phone coverage
- Satellite TV
- DVD and CD players
- Table tennis
- Back-up generator
- The villa is tucked down a small laneway off Bali’s bustling tourist strip, Jalan Seminyak. This lengthy street is lined with restaurants, bars, boutiques, galleries and spas making the villa a food lover and shopper’s dream location. The villa is also just around thvilla so unique is that while it is in the middle of Bali’s most sought-after neighbourhood, it is also remarkably quiet and peaceful.
- Wide, black and sandy Seminyak beach is just two kilometres from the villa and stretches north and south as far as the eye can see. It is a great beach for running, walking, building sandcastles and, of course, lazing in the sun. Sun beds with umbrellas can be hired from local vendors, but if you want a more luxurious experience head to the string of top-end funky bars such as Ku Dé Ta and Potato Head that offer five-star beachside service. At sunset, Seminyak Beach is alive with locals and holiday-makers savouring the magical moments as the sun goes down. There are plenty of surf breaks, but swimming is permitted only between the flags due to strong currents.
- Seminyak Beach: 1.50 km
- Petitenget: 2 km
- KuDeTa Beach Club: 2 km
- Canggu Club: 4 km
- Kuta: 8 km
- Denpasar International Airport: 10 km
- Pan Pacific Golf Club: 22 km
- Tanah Lot: 22.50 km
- Mt Batukaru: 37 km
An additional tax of 15.5% will be applied.