British Virgin Islands Villa 1217
This villa is located in: Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands, Caribbean
- Ocean Front
- Ocean View
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
The estate is a 9,500 sq. ft. ocean front estate-villa set in two acres of tropical gardens, offering barefoot luxury, a private chef, spa treatments, direct beach access and spectacular views. Rental rates are for exclusive use of the entire estate regardless of the size of your group.
Three of the pavilions house five separate bedroom suites, and a fourth larger pavilion incorportates the living, dining and entertainment areas of the villa. This set up lends itself well to hosting group holidays, weddings, retreats and special celebrations of any kind.
On your arrival at the Villa you will be greeted with a welcome drink and escorted down a serpentine path through lush palm gardens out of which rise the villa's distinctive copper peaked pavilions.
Designed with the discerning traveller in mind, The Villas contrasting colours and textures form the backdrop for a unique blend of interior furnishings, lighting and accessories sourced from around the world to create the villa's exotic style.
Bedroom and Bathroom Description
The Estate features five bedroom suites with separate entrances. Each of the suites has an air-conditioned sleeping area, seating area, dressing area and en-suite bathroom as well as a private deck or terrace offering panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea.
All five en-suite bathrooms at the Villa t are done in playful Caribbean coloured glass mosaic tiles and have large indoor showers; two also have outdoor showers, and there is a bathtub in the Mandarin Suite.
In addition to their exquisite décor, all suites at the Villa are positioned to capture restful ocean views…and when you close your eyes the sound of the waves will lull you to sleep at the end of every sun-filled day.
Despite being individually-decorated, the five suites are similarly appointed featuring quality linens and towels, TV/DVD players, stereos, mini-fridges, and thatched ceiling fans. The Indochine and Rajisthan suites also have smaller, adjoining rooms for children.
The Kerala Suite is a heavenly adult retreat featuring rich colours and a giant hand-crafted four poster bed that has quite possibly the best view in the BVI. The suite also features its own plunge pool surrounded by a small sun terrace perfect for sharing a romantic moment while watching a spectacular BVI sunset.
- High quality pocket sprung orthopaedic mattresses in all suites: 4 king size (1 can be separated into 2 twin/single beds), 1 large queen, twin/singles in children's rooms
- Mini fridges in suites
- TV/DVD players in all bedrooms
- Stereos in all bedrooms
- Hair dryers
- In-room digital safes
- 3 master suites have a central sleeping area, sitting room and separate dressing area; all are luxuriously appointed and off limits to children.
- Bathroom products (shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc.)
- Bathrobes (two per suite, sizes medium and extra large)
Features and Amenities
The VIlla is a haven of peace and tranquillity created with natural materials including hard woods, copper and native stone. Incense diffuses warm soothing scents, and the gentle trickle of a water feature provides a peaceful and sensually engaging environment that has been created to feel like your home away from home.
The Living room is a beautifully decorated space with a 28-foot ceiling. Enjoy afternoon tea or listen to music in this most enchanting of spaces… The Villa has an eclectic mix of 300 CDs ranging from contemporary world music and chill-out after hours sounds to pop, jazz, soul, and classical.
Recline on the giant hand-made silk cushions that are scattered throughout the media room/library while watching one of 50 DVDs on the villa's widescreen digital TV. There is also a Playstation 2 console, various board games, and hundreds of books of all kinds.
Once you have decided on a good book, pour yourself a drink from the bar or have the chef prepare you a special cocktail to be enjoyed on one of the living room's three Balinese day beds, on a pool lounger or out on the sea deck.
The villa has a professional kitchen featuring a full complement of dinner and glassware, stainless steel appliances, a well-stocked pantry and wine cellar. The Villa offers various meal plan options and sample menus for you to review prior to making a booking.
The temperature in the BVI is stable year round-usually in the high 20's (Celsius) or high 80's (Fahrenheit). The villa has eight foot wide eaves, sun umbrellas, ceiling fans and air conditioning in the bedrooms in order to keep you comfortable no matter where you are located in the house.
The Estate is equipped with everything you might need for a full and relaxing holiday - from entertaining guests to keeping your children occupied while you take a stroll on the beach, unwind with a good book or keep fit in Baraka Point's gym.
- Music collection
- Movie collection (DVD)
- Games (indoor and outdoor)
- Ceiling fans throughout villa
- Air conditioning in bedrooms and gym
- Well-equipped gym
- Satellite TV & DVD player in media room
- Stereo and B & W speakers in living room
- iPod docking station
- Playstation 2
- Free wireless high speed internet access
- Washer and Dryer
- Welcome folder with owner recommendations for activities, restaurants & excursions
- Full gourmet kitchen including cappucino machine, outdoor wood burning pizza ovem, built-in grill, all stainless steel appliances, cooking equipment and two chefs to do all the work
- Wine cellar (extra charge)
- Bar (extra charge)
- Crib, highchair, play pen and baby accessories ($150 per crib)
When it comes to swimming and relaxing at the Villa, guests can choose from a number of options. There is a 30 x 15 foot infinity edge pool, a smaller plunge pool, direct access to a sun-kissed secluded beach at the Villa as well as several white-sand beaches a short drive from the villa.
The main pavilion has a large wrap-around coral stone terrace leading on to an infinity edge pool and a second covered alfresco dining terrace. The pool is surrounded by an extensive grass lawn that is framed by the giant granite boulders that are Virgin Gorda's geological trademark.
A wooden sea deck set in the boulders and illuminated with large copper torches at night invites you to enjoy cocktails and 230 degree views of azure seas and the neighbouring islands while watching the sun set as the waves lap gently beneath you.
The Villa has direct access to one of Virgin Gorda's best snorkelling beaches…just take a walk through the garden and down the villa's native stone steps right onto the terrace to the private beach. The sandy terrace on Barakas land is for the guests only, but the rest of the beach (3/4 mile long) is public .
- 24ft horizon/half moon pool with a kiddie area in shallow end (main pavilion)
- Plunge pool (Kerala suite only)
- Beach chairs and towels
- Hobie cat
- The beach is great for snorkelling and privacy and is swimmable with beach shoes
- Ski boat
- Sea kayaks (2)
- Snorkel equipment, 10 sets, floatation devices, beach umbrellas
- Indoor/outdoor SONOS music system
- Pool mattresses (3)
- Snorkel equipment (8 sets)
- Sunrise and Sunset views
- Golf Cart for guests' use to get to a swimmable beach that is a 2 minute golf cart trip away
- Use of power boat for water sports (captained by staff only)
Staff and Services
The Villa is a special place for a special celebration…all you have to do is book the date, tell us what the occasion is and what you want in the way of a theme (if any), and we do the rest!
The guests are invited to enjoy island-inspired spa treatments, yoga and Pilates classes in the Villas Wellness & Relaxation Pavilion with ocean views and trade breezes.
The Villa doesn't have to be all peace and relaxation… By night the house is lit with lanterns, candles and torches-the perfect ambience for a party, or a romantic interlude...hire a band and dance the night away on the terrace under a star-studded sky - the house was designed for living!
- Private full time chef
- Guest Services including In House Spa Treatments & Room Service (extra charges apply)
- Housekeeper works 6 days a week (8am to 4pm), English and Spanish speaking
- 2 chefs work 7 days a week, meals extra cost
- Villa Assistant (Butler) works 7 days a week - He is also our watersports man who takes guests out on our ski boat.
- 2 managers work 7 days a week - Our managers offer a full concierge service as they are full time at Baraka Point, but are not around if guests wish to have full privacy.
- Full time spa therapist & yoga/Pilates instructor who is also co-managing Baraka Point. She also does personal training and adventure programs for our guests.
- Meal plan available or self cater with grocery service if you prefer (extra charge, see below)
- Pre-stocking available with 14 days notice, cost plus 15% charge
- Babysitting (by arrangement, extra charge)
- Laundry service (extra charge for personal items only)
- Spa treatements, yoga and personal training, watersports at a an extra cost, prices vary by treatment/activity.
- Child program free of charge. Please inquire for more details
- Cocktail party with steel pan music available
- All services received at Baraka Point are paid for at check out by cash or US personal cheque, just as at a resort or hotel.
- Maximum 10 adults with 4 children, or 8 adults with 6 children
- There is no fence at the Villa therefore we kindly request that guests supervise their children at ALL times, maximum 8 children plus infants
- No smoking within villa
- No pets
- Additional guests are $55 per person per day
- 110 voltage, no adapters included
- Weddings and social events accepted, maximum 50 guests
- Transfers to and from the villa are included in the rental price. Guests are met at the airport or the ferry dock by the villa's representative and escorted to the car rental desk if applicable, then on to the villa.
- The Villa has 2 Ford Explorers for our guests to rent; inclusive of gas and insurance and no need to pick up or drop off vehicles so very convenient. Please inquire for rates
The third largest island in the British Virgin Islands, Virgin Gorda is truly one of the most precious jewels of the Northern Caribbean. The island is unbelievably picturesque and very friendly, and offers a great deal in the way of land-based and water activities.
The Villa is located on a secluded point on the West coast of Virgin Gorda, right underneath Gorda Peak. The house is situated to capture panoramic sea vistas, spectacular sunsets and the prevailing tradewinds.
- 15 minute drive to Virgin Gorda airport
- 15 minute drive to Spanish Town
- 1 minute walk to Nail Bay
- 3 minute walk to tennis court
- 15 minute drive to grocery store
- 10 minute drive to restaurant
- 35 minute ferry ride to hospital
Important Meal Plan Notes: