Tuscany Villa 955
This villa is located in: Tuscany, ItalyClick to see bigger map
- Ocean View
- Maid Service
- Personal Chef
Tuscany Villa 906
Tuscany Villa 997
Tuscany Villa 9175
A 14 night minimum rental applies. See short stay exceptions below the description.
About the property
Villa 955, a grand mansion built in the XVI century, was once one of the 12 somptuous hunting residences of the Granduke Ferdinando I, grandson of the famous Lorenzo de' Medici il Magnifico. Built on a hill of olive trees and vineyard overlooking the Val di Nievole valley, next to the medioeval village of Montevettolini, the villa has retained its original architectural beauty and serenity. The Villa has been carefully restored and improved upon by the present owner, the prince Borghese, whose family bought the property more than 200 years ago. All the rooms are decorated with antique forniture and paintings, venetian glass chandeliers and persian carpets, while all the bathrooms have been recently renewed. Guests will enjoy a special atmosphere while walking through the enchanting Italian garden, the beautiful park, the numerous bedrooms and the large swimming pool. The villa is 40 minutes by car from the international airprots of Florence and Pisa and ten minutes from the railway station of Montecatini. Trains to Florence and Pisa leave every hour.
- Large kitchen
- Large dining room with fireplace
- Smaller dining room (ideal for children)
- Guest bathroom
- Large galleria
- Two large double bedrooms each with bathroom and tv
- Very large living room with fireplace and piano
- Smaller living room
- Tv room with fireplace
- Library containing an antique collection of books
- Billiard room
- Private chapel
- Two large double bedrooms with antique poster beds each with bathroom (one has also a terrace overlooking the park and the whole valley)
- Two smaller double bedrooms each with bathroom
- One housekeeper
- One cook
- One butler
- One gardener
- One maid
- One extra maid upon request Maria the cook has been working for the family for more than twenty years. She specializes in the typical , regional cuisine using fresh ingredients acquired locally.
Food, beverages, telephone, laundries, wage for the extra maid.
- There is satellite dish for tv, fax machine and cd/dvd player. Four roooms have flat screen tv. In the beautiful garden there is a patio for dining outdoors. Near the swimming pool, that measures 18 mt. x 7mt., there is a little gym, a small kitchen for pool snacks and a patio for open air lunches.
- A golf course (18 holes), riding stables and tennis courts are nearby (10 minutes drive). Down the hill (5 minutes drive) there is the Grotta Giusti Hotel, a very well reknown beauty spa. The little town of Montecatini Terme, famous all over Italy for its thermal waters is only a short distance by car (7 km).
Short stay exceptions: Rentals relating to Corporate events/wedding/films please contact the relevant Villa Getaways agent to ask the suitability of this property.
Tuscany Villa 955
Contact us for personalized service and customer support.