Queenstown Villa 669
This villa is located in: Queenstown, New ZealandClick to see bigger map
- Air Conditioning
- Personal Chef
- Daily Breakfast
Located on the South Island of New Zealand, Aro Hā is just 40 minutes drive from Queenstown. Arriving at Queenstown’s International Airport (ZQN) is breathtakingly easy. A place where consecutive days are rarely alike, Queenstown is known as the adventure capital of the world.
Aro Hā was born of the intention to create a facility that exemplifies a more resilient localized living solution. From Permaculture, to Passive Haus techniques, we’ve attempted to integrate best practices for solving the essentials of life. Our 8.4-hectare site (about 21 acres) sits on a sub-alpine terrace with expansive views of Lake Wakatipu. Here we’ve merged ancient traditions with modern technology. So, while crops are stored in cellars, refrigerated by the ambient temperature of the earth, the site is monitored by a state-of-the-art building management system, allowing efficient conversion of sun and water to energy.
The vision is Zen inspired luxury, where the luxury comes from intelligent design, function of space, and exceptional programming, rather than opulence or excess.
Never before have all these elements been combined to provide such a rich guest experience. The facility is designed for group interaction. Our ancestors shared spaces. They moved together. They ate together. They played together, and so do we.
All of this magic comes together seamlessly into a guest experience that is unparalleled.
Aro Hā translates to, “In the presence of divine breath”. Breath is the foundation of life and wellbeing. When we have short erratic breath, we create a short erratic life. At Aro Hā BREATH also allows us to outline the fundamental elements of our programs.
5 day / 4 night from - NZD $4,550 per person
6 day / 5 night from - NZD $5,200 per person
7 day / 6 night from - NZD $6,250 per person
The retreat is available for exclusive rental for large groups and rates start at NZD $45,500, a 3 night minimum booking is required.
Exclusive stays need to be negotiated.
Accommodation at Aro Hā has been designed to celebrate the fundamental acts of sleeping and bathing in Zen inspired luxury. There are 8 accommodation units each with a unique aspect.
Rooms are well appointed and have a sustainable, ecologically friendly story. Furnished in a refined, uncluttered manner. Recycled timbers, woven natural dyed blankets, organic cotton linen, New Zealand wool floor rugs and natural latex mattresses. There are desks for journaling and spaces for reading. Rooms are well lit and all have views.
Bathrooms are well appointed, designed to be shared and feature separate shower/bath/toilet spaces. Bathrobes and oversized towels are in all bathrooms as are organic body & shower products.
In the foyer of the Eco Suites & Monastic Singles there is space to sit, change shoes, and share herbal teas.
There is a laundry service and also a separate drying room for hiking boots & jackets.
Aro Hā, by design, encourages shared space. Experience tells us that lifelong friends are made when sharing. It is our nature.
Eco Suite Private Room – king
This Eco-Suite is divided into 2 private rooms with King Sized beds in each room, suited for individuals wishing to have their own room.
Eco Suite Shared Room – king
This Eco-Suite is divided into 2 private rooms with King Sized beds in each room, suited for 2 people wishing to share a room.
Monastic Eco singles
Eco Suite - Monastic Single
Private king single beds suited for 1 person only, with shared bathrooms. Each room has a small desk and views. Functional and comfortable you will enjoy your rest in our Monastic Eco Singles.
Private Eco Suite
Eco Suite - Lux Private
This suite is available by request only – you have a king size bed in one room, and a lounge. Spacious and extremely comfortable, these are for singles or couples who require private space.
• Harvard researchers have found we spend 46.9% of waking hours with a wandering mind, and this makes us unhappy. Mindfulness is a proven technique for dealing with stress, anxiety, and frustration. Practicing stillness connects us with a deep reservoir of intuitive wisdom.
• At Aro Hā Mindfulness is sprinkled into your daily practices. Mindful sitting, walking, and eating will improve focus, build emotional intelligence, and help to uncover your innate joy.
• Those living in isolation of friends and family have 4-6 times the chance of dying prematurely.
• At Aro Hā we spend time connecting with our bodies, our environment, and ourselves. We share our adventure within a small group and create genuine friendships.
• A healthy gut is required for a healthy body and mind. From hydration, to probiotics, to alkalinity, we build health from the digestive system outward.
• At Aro Hā we eat a rainbow of vegetarian cuisine. Paleo friendly, gluten free, dairy free, and enzymatically active, we feed the body a diet rich in trace minerals, vitamins, and phytonutrients. You will be absolutely astonished by how delicious cleansing can be.
• Movement increases endorphins and reduces cognitive decline. It reduces the stress hormones; cortisol & adrenaline. Exercise makes us all feel good, and is even a proven remedy for depression & anxiety.
• At Aro Hā we blend movement with nature, spirit, and playfulness. You’ll practice Yoga, Pilates, interval training, and climbing mountains. We believe movement is a cornerstone of health. We move so that everything else becomes easy.
• The choices we make each day affect our brains, our bodies, and our minds. Whether looking at Epigenetics, Neuroplasticity, nutrition, or mindfulness the message is clear, we can promote healing physically & emotionally, or we can create illness.
Using the BREATH framework, our all-inclusive programs harness the collective wisdom of the Aro Hā Wellness Team to help you quickly unveil your own innate health. You will have no decisions to make, no business or family to attend to, just a step-by-step process that leaves you glowing.
Core features of a Wellness Adventure
• Sub Alpine Hiking
• World Heritage Surroundings
• Integrated Mindfulness Practices
• Whole Foods Vegetarian Menu
• Un-Cooking Classes
• Functional Strength Training
• Daily Aro Hā Massage
• Contrast Spa Therapy
• A Purpose Built Secluded Facility
• Zen Inspired Eco Accommodation
• Small Groups